In 1595, Esteve Conrado bought the building and did it up, and in 1682 it was occupied by the first community of Minims to settle in Santa Maria. Tradition has it that the cross-beam of the central bay comes from the masts of the boat on which Esteve Conrado sailed to Mallorca. According to oral information, in the 18th century it functioned as a hostelry. Later on, in the late 19th century, it was the customs guards’ barracks. From 1918 Can Burbaia carpenter’s shop worked out of it. Finally, in 1966 it became a restaurant – Bon Apetit!