The church was founded by Augustinian monks, who came to Palma de Mallorca in the 15th century.
Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, is an icon adopted by the Augustinian friars, who represents the blessed Virgin Mary.
The church was inaugurated in 1669, and built on top of a former church.
A visit to this church, is a msu if you have interest in religious art, because of the impressive collection of Baroque art works decorating the interior.
The ground floor, is a single nave with side chapels on each side with balconies and balustrades.
1. The chapel of San Nicholas of Tolentino, designed by Francisco Herrera. This chapel, has seven altars and an octagonal floor plan, and a copula ceiling with the most outstanding example of ‘Horror Vacui’ art style painted in the ceiling of it. The horror vacui style, is defined as “fear of empty space”, and is highly detailed art works.
2. The 18th century Baroque main altarpiece, whose outline is by the renowned artist Juan Francisco Aragón