Church of Carmen is the fishermen ‘s church in Port d’Andratx
Thanks to donations and work of an active congregation in Port d’Andratx, the works of this church began in 1917.
On December 25 1918, the new church was inaugurated and blessed. At this time, only the presbytery and a chapel on each side was here. The construction of the church, wasn’t finished until 1928.
Port d’Andratx, has always been, and still is an active fishing harbour. Therefore, it made perfectly good sense to dedicate the church to Carmen, protector of the sea- and fishermen.
You can easily find the church of Port Andratx, it is situated in the shopping street running parallel behind the marina area.
Andratx is a destination ideal for adults and romantic couples looking for a holiday base with a good selection of dining options, a feeling of luxury and/or authenticity, as well as a lot of activity offers like golf, cycling, walking, tennis and maritime activities. Andratx is located about half an hour from Palma airport by car and is the largest of the municipalities of the Tramuntana region. It includes the old medieval village itself, the flamboyant marina of Port d’Andratx, the small village of s’Arracco, Sant Elm and Camp de Mar.