The first temple of Lloseta, was built back in the 13th century, somewhat right after the conquest of Mallorca by the Catalans. The area was given to the widow of count Guillem Ramon de Moncada, who had taken part in the conquest of the island. The widow then chose to split up the area in 3 parts, and donate each to a knight of the army.
In 1578, Lloseta had its name and the church was expanded from being a chapel to a basilica. The name of Lloseta, is believed to derive from the Catalan words “laus” and “eta”, supposedly meaning something like praise and fortification. Other ethnologists believe that the name derives from the word “llosada”, meaning flat stone.
As Lloseta grew in population and became and industrial area, the congregation grew too, and a new church was necessary to accommodate the churchgoers of the area. This new church was founded in 1760.
In 1814, Lloseta was separated from the municipality of Binissalem and became independent, why the church could now be called a parish church. 30 years later, the church you see today was built.