Visit the church of Sant Nicolau for free every day
The original church of Sant Nicolau, was built in the early 1300’s, more precisely between 1302 and 1349.
The church underwent big renovation works in the mid-seventeenth century, which changed the apse and roof.
The facade walls and the pointed arches of the portal are from the Gothic era, along with the relief of Sant Nicolau. The doors, pillars and floral motifs, however, are results of the renovation works from the 17th century.
The floor plan of the church, is a typical basilica style with single nave and side chapels on each side. The chapels, opens under vaults and lunettes from the Gothic era too.
The bell tower, is located in the apse of the church forming a hexagonal.
1. The baroque altarpiece.
2. The Gothic painting of Sant Maginus and Sant Nicolau.
3. The silver ciborium from the Gothic era.