Until the 17th century, Moscari did not have its own church for religious services.
All the village had a this time, was a small and very modest chapel built in the property of Son Macer, located close to the present church.
In 1660, the small chapel was in ruins, and the inhabitants stood together in building a new temple, which became the church of Santa Anna.
Throughout the years, the church has been expanded. Latest works, was carried out in the middle of the 19th century.