The church of Muro is named after John the Baptist.
The construction of the church, was started in 1570, and finished around 1611. It was designed by Menorcan architect, Sebastià Saura, in Gothic style.
The huge bell tower was added later after the church itself, and therefore is not an actual part of the construction. There is a small bridge that leads from the church building in to the tower.
The church is a typical Catholic basilica, with a big ship and 7 lateral chapels on each side, which makes it one of the bigger churches in Mallorca