The parish church crowns the end of the main street of sleepy village, Búger
The works of this church began in 1563, when vicar Joan Pau Varo on behalf of the bishop allowed for a church in Búger to be built.
At this time, the inhabitants of Búger were forced to walk to the chapel of Sant Miquel outside Campanet, which Búger belonged to.
However, many elderly people were unable to make the trip of 5 kilometers, and was unable to get to service. Another reason for the construction of the church, was for the deceased to receive a proper burial ceremony.
The present buolding construction, was finished in the years between 1694 – 1718, under vicar Vicenç Payeres Estrany. This construction was built due to a growing congregation and poor condition of the old construction. The works was carried out with the help of the local community, when had been allowed by the bishop to work on Sundays and holidays.