The construction of the church and monastery of saint Vicente Ferrer, was initiated in 1597 and consecrated in 1617th.
The church building is a good example of typical Mallorcan church architecture, with its open nave and chapels built between buttresses and arches – a way to show moderation.
What is particularly interesting here, is the chapel Capella de la Roses, located on the right side of the church.
Another remarkable object in the Església de Sant Vicenç Ferrer, is the large church organ, built around the turn of the century between the 16 and 1700s.
The convent, is also built in the baroque architectural virtues in a rectangular shape with central courtyard. The monastery has two floors, the beautiful colonnades facing the courtyard.
Until 1835-36, the conevnt of Sant Vicenç Ferrer exclusively a sacred place for monks, where no one else had access. When the first Carlist war broke out in Spain, the prime minister Juan Mendizábal, seized all monasteries throughout Spain, in order to resell them to private owners, with the goal of raising funds to support Queen Isabella II during the war.
In 1919, Sant Vicenç Ferrer was declared a national monument, and in 2005-2006 it underwent a major renovation work.