This Medieval watchtower, is situated on the coastline next to the Sa Rapita harbour.
The watchtower was constructed in 1595, on the ground belonging to the finca, Possessiò Son Durí.
The area down here, by the es Trenc beach, has been exposed to attacks because of the large open coastline ever since the Punic Wars.
The watchtower was guarded by two armed men, and equipped with one stationary canon.
When a ship was detected, the guards lit a fire to alarm the next tower, that would do the same, to let the villages know to prepare for battle.