this emblematic hydraulic system, was originally developed by the Moors. The system allows to lead water directly from the mountains, and into the basins.
The fountain consists of a qanat from the Islamic era. It is found on the road which ascends to Cura (with sections of the old stone path), with the village washing places on the side. These washing places have a porch with three semi-circular arches and the washer’s slabs enclose the entire perimeter.
Outside the porch, a large basin collects the water from the fountain. A document dated 1551 has been conserved about it, signed by the Deputy Lieutenant of the Kingdom of Mallorca, which regulates the water distribution turns among the Randa residents.