For more than 100 years, this house was home to the sisters of charity, a nun order of the Catholic church.
On February 10, 1866, the nuns moved into this house, and started a conevnt and school for girls.
In 1911, a playground was added for children.
Between 1922 and 1925, the convent was expanded with a chapel, due to the growing community of nuns.
In 1988, the bishop chose to put the house for sale, and it was soon after bought by the municipality of Sant Llorenc des Cardassar. Today, the building houses a school for adults.