The importance and promotion of the regional architecture and culture, is manifested in this building.
It belonged to the Rector Salvador Galmés, who was a Rector in Sant Llorenc des Cardassar and advocator of the Regionalism movement that took form in the beginning of the 20th century.
The regionalism began to take effect in Mallorca the early 1900’s, when a group of intellectuals joined the Catalan renaissance, amongst these was Salvador Galmés.
He had this house build in regional style, by architect, William Forteza Piña in 1921.
The house was bought by La Caixa in 1943, but due to the war it did not open until 1957.