About the chapel of the Christ
The chapel of the Christ was once meant to be a tribute to Easter and to Jesus Christ.
The works of this chapel, began back in the beginning of the 20th century, 1925 to be precis. The chapel was meant as a gesture to the inhabitants of Selva, whom before this, had to walk to Mancor de la Valle to visit the Santa Lucia chapel on Easter.
Unfortunately, due to commercial exploitation of the ground, the chapel did not hold stand for long. Only one of the original two towers are left.
Going back to the Middle Ages, this place was used as a communication post as part of the extensive tower network around Mallorca. When the coastal watchtowers registered hostile ships in the waters, they alarmed other towers by smoke signals and flags. The communication went from tower to tower, and eventually, the signal would reach the central towers of the island, and the men from the town could prepare for battle.
You will enjoy some beautiful sights from this place, overlooking the pastoral landscapes below.