About the convent
The nun-order Sisters of Charity, came to Vilafranca in 1890, and in 1897, they moved into this building that was given to them by the noble Sureda family.
Above the main Baroque entrance door, is a coat of arms representing Grandes de España (Noble elite of Spain), with the image of a marquis crown and ermine fur.
Next to the convent building, is the chapel in neo-gothic style, but with Baroque entrance like the convent building. The chapel, is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, and was inaugurated in 1921.